maandag 23 maart 2015

Bilbo's Last Song' - J.R.R. Tolkien







I sit beside the fire and think
   of all that I have seen
of meadow-flowers and butterflies
   in summers that have been;            





 










Of yellow leaves and gossamer
   in autumns that there were
with morning mist and silver sun
   and wind upon my hair.

                                     


I sit beside the fire and think
   of how the world will be
when winter comes without a spring
   that I shall ever see.



For still there are so many things
   that I have never seen:
In every wood in every spring
   there is a different green.

I sit beside the fire and think
   of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
   that I shall never know. 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Paddenstoelen tasje met kabouter

  Paddenstoel met kabouter. Dit huisje is met witte wol, en naald 4,5 gebreid. 50 steken opzetten en 3 naalden in boordsteek breien, 2 recht...